Clay has been fighting for recoveries for people who have been injured by the carelessness of other people and big companies, and also making sure people who are injured at work get the workers’ compensation benefits that they are entitled to, for nearly 20 years. Clay has recovered millions of dollars for injured people.
At the same time, Clay handles an active criminal, traffic, and DUI caseload in Southern Illinois, including Monroe, St. Clair, and Randolph Counties. Clay has successfully represented people in these situations, and been able to find solutions that other lawyers simply may not. This mix of trial work on both the civil and criminal sides gives Clay a unique ability to analyze his client’s cases, and develop successful trial and litigation strategies.
Clay is known for his ability to find creative solutions in even the most difficult situations, and for being prepared to try cases when it is necessary. One of the greatest votes of confidence is the number or cases referred to him by other lawyers, who trust that he can handle those cases.
Clay prepares every case as if it is going to be tried, because he knows that being prepared is the best way to ensure the client’s success.
- Personal Injury Law
- Workers Compensation Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI Law
- Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- Trial Litigation
- Washington University School of Law Scholar in Law
- Washington University School of Law Dean’s List
States & Courts Licensed to Practice Law
- Illinois (2000)
- Missouri (2001)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois (2000)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (2001)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2004)
- Washington University, J.D., 2000
- Truman State University, B.S. magna cum laude, 1997
- Monroe County Bar Association (Secretary 2002-2004; Treasurer 2004-2006; Vice President 2006-2008; President 2008-2010)
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illnois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Bar Association
- Xylomania, Inc. Board of Directors 2004-2009